Friday 18 March 2016

Bottle top hyacinths


I'm really loving all the little signs of spring which are appearing around The Heathers at the moment. When every new season comes around, I'm always convinced it's my favourite. I think it's important to embrace everything, rather than complain about how cold or hot it is or that you've got to de-ice the car or you can't so much as step out of the back door without lathering on your sun-cream. I love winter as much as I love Summer for completely different reasons. What I love about Spring is the way everything seems to be waking up, its beauty and its colours.

We've been a little slow in starting our Easter/Spring crafts this year. No sooner do you seem to be doing Christmassy things, than you're whipping out the plastic Easter eggs and the pastel bunting. It all happens rather too quickly for my liking. Where does the time go? Our first Spring-themed crafting attempt was this cute little hyacinth craft using bottle-tops.

We started by cutting out some paper stems and leaves and then mixed some pastel-coloured paint to make our hyacinths. Tommy then dipped a bottle-top into the paint and pressed it on the paper in a vertical arrangement, creating the shape of the flower. I was really impressed with the overall effect of using a bottle-top. It was really effective!



 




 Even Isla had fun making some bottle-top prints!



 
 




1 comment:

  1. So simple but so effective. What a great idea. I love how Isla is having a go too :) x

    ReplyDelete